View Profile chris-the-stick2

970 movie Reviews with Responses

All 2,759 Reviews

i think that its a nice ambient music/relax music with some abstract sounds of nature and with some cool moments with chinese musical instruments tuning in too, thus forming a cool audio experience for the viewer/listener.

the drawn characters in the vid are cool too. did you drew them? (the couple that looks like tarzan and jane, but dressed up in japanese kimonos...)
the phoenix bird and the cat lady also look good too.

all in all, good work, i liked it.

BlackUniGryphon responds:

Thank you (again).
Those are my O.C.s. The lady is named "Lively" and the guy is named 敖兴涛 Áo Xìngtāo (Ow Sching-tao). They're technically in Chinese robes/clothes called "Hanfu" but u can call 'em Kimonos, if that's easier. ;)

It's a pretty old piece. If you care to scroll through my gallery the originals are there... I mean... if you want to. -no pressure...

Here's the original 2009 sketch:

wow, this was a great collection of not 1, not 2, but of 4 great CC movies!
seriously man, you are one of the most prolific, productive and creative young clocks of the CC, and its impressive to see how quickly you've perfected and evolved your art style over the last couple of years...

your movies are well-animated, with nicely drawn characters, a unique art style, and with some great humour too!
my favorite movies of the group were corpsegrinder's movie and pops+vuvu's girls adventure movie, lol!
you do many great movies, and you always add your unique creative signature in them, along with some splendid humour.

keep up the great work, and have a happy clockday!

RealRedbookClock responds:

please review my movie

oh my god, this is... absolutely fantastic, pin!
what a great movie!

as always, your animation speed, pacing and style is flawless, while the smooth animation's movement makes this movie very pleasing to the eye, along with the very nicely drawn characters, and the thick, clean lines (linework) in them, along with the beautifully drawn backgrounds.

i love how you tried something different in there, and you've added BB10 as a clockless guy, with eyes and a mouth, and you've made him ADORABLE!
i am so impressed and happy by how nicely you've incorporated such a unique and different style for my character, and its truly refreshing to see a well-known character in such a new (and cute) light!

as for the story, its touching, happy and beautiful.
i like how young BB10 makes a movie with stickmen who are sword fighting (good call), and that he is ready to go submit his movie on NG, but sadly, its raining outside!
i loved that the rain drops were shaped like red B's, and how nicely synced the rain sequence was with the music.
(speaking of the music, it was cheerful, vibrant and emotional, so that was great too.)

and i absolutely loved how this story about BB10 avoiding the sudden ''B'' rain shaped up nicely into a ''origins story'' for BB10-clock's birth and first steps in the CC.
the movie's +BB10's transformation scene, and the final scene at the CC's garden was truly beautiful, poetic and very touching.
it made me to smile and to tear up a bit.
it was that beautiful.

i couldn't be happier with seeing such a great movie this clockday, so thanks alot for doing such a great movie, and with a cameo of my clock no less...
thank you, and keep making epic movies, my friend!

happy clockday!

PinClock responds:

Thank you so much, BB10!

this is a very beautiful and haunting movie, for it makes the viewer to think about the beauty of life, of nature, but also the horrifying part of life, when things go dark and hopeless sometimes.

i liked how the movie started with inkwell clock walking into an empty room, and thinking ''is there a meaning in this? or did i do all this hard work for nothing?''
and then the whole room+ inkwell clock fade away into the void.

and there we see, the dark scenes where a person is down and crying, as the darkness surrounds him.
and upon that horrible darkness of despair, suddenly, the majesty of colours, the splendor of nature emerges in order to provide a necessary contrast to the darkness: light, and life.

and so the movie moves on, on the duality of darkness and light, of sadness and the joys of nature, of hopelessness VS hope, and so on.

as the battle of despair and hope rage on, we eventually reach a point where nature ''wins'', or at least provides the protagonist with enough hope to stand up again.
life. nature. trees, hope.
and a little cat stands in there inside a jar, curiously watching the person.
and while things are not fully fixed (can they ever be?), life finds a way, and the light shines inside.
in my mind, what happens next is that the person finds the courage to get out of the darkness and to start walking forward again.
he is wounded, but not defeated, for he must carry on, and he must stay strong, despite the harsh adversities that he has faced in this trip.
for now he has hope, and life (nature), showed him the way.

the movie had excellent animation, very good animation speed+pace, while the linework and the whole design of the heroes (from inkwell clock, to the depressed person), to the live-action video shots+photos of the forest/of nature, which where nicely weaved into the animations whole layout, everything was masterfully done, and beautifully created, in not just a visually beautiful movie, but also a very true, and emotional one as well, with a touching message about a familiar struggle that many people face in life.

thank you for this excellent movie, inkwell/foxcato.
you are a good person with a kind heart and with an exceptional talent.
be well, and remember: the light always finds a way to beat the darkness.

be well, and keep up the good work!

FoXcatO responds:

Thank you so much, BB10. Your reviews are always a joy to read. And you really caught on to what I was trying to convey here too. So that was great to see as well.

in this thrilling battle of titans, thor clock bravely fights VS the dark-side of the clocks, and against their leader, no other than thdrkside himself! (sic)
i liked the drawings of everyone as they were designed in the dark versions of their clock characters, (i did the evil-BB10 pic!), i found that to be a unique detail in this movie's sequence.

after that, we witness the downfall of mighty thor clock, as the forces of evil win.
SBC took back his kingdom, but at what cost?

all in all, this has been another quality thor clock movie, and i liked every part of it.
keep up the good work!

PS: the ''man, im pretty!'' part was hilarious, hahaha

Ushnor responds:

oh, doggo never said you drew that, he just posted the picture (unless i missed it) so I didn't know it was your work. I sent a coauthor request

an excellent development in the ''corrupted CC movies'' saga.
i liked the drawings of all the clocks in there, including the visual pun of having an abandoned blockbusters building as the CC's HQ's.

i liked the alternate version of the ''satty 'n the pop'' series, which was transformed into a parody version of it, named as ''patty n' the trop'', showing to us once again, that a robot has started to corrupt the old CC classic movies.

this theme is going on well, and its incredible that even your parody versions of your (already great) CC movies are funny and unique as well...
you are a great artist, and i always liked your movie ideas.
keep up the good work.

Pop-Tart responds:

It's cool that at least one person remembers the movies I'm parodying. :)

hahaha!
that was a funny use of my old voice acting clips, albeit there were not many visuals during the voices play time, tbh...
you know, its sad that those voices were not used in someone's movie yet.
perhaps i should use them in a future movie or two. (but by all means, anyone should use my voice clips in a movie/movies, that would be very funny.)

either way, your movie had a great intro full of suspense , with the one robot commanding gir-bot to take action...
all in all this was another great FF movie part by you poptart, and i thank you for using my voice acting in it, even as a filler material.

keep up the good work, man.

Pop-Tart responds:

A bunch of those clips were used in my Clockhouse Theatre part, "Horse Thief." If I recall correctly, you weren't a big fan of it because of the weird pickle rapist story w/ you and L1fty.

an incredible new part in the thor-clock saga.
the noble team assembles!
and thor clock has ''trained'' them well.
(the singing lyrics about thor clock, the lute jokes, and the parts with elements clock ''powers'' and the pun with MS-paint's name as a miss paint clock were very clever)

all the characters were nicely drawn, and well animated, while the movie was very funny and clever.
keep up the good work, thor!

Ushnor responds:

As per ScrewdriverClock's suggestions for new laws some time ago, BB10Clock is unbanned, and we now know resurrection is possible; what has he been up to!? stay tuned, folks

OMG, that was awesome!
i loved how nicely you've incorporated the basis of the OTB teamwork idea and settings, and that with BB10 and radiotube, a new plot unfolds...
the scene with banana lock visiting ellen was hilarious (excellent TTS for all the characters, BTW, very funny and unique work)

also, the ''corrupted'' flash movie scene from ''clock-cops'' was funny, but indeed it would seem ''wrong'' to BB10's keen eye for detail (lol jk)
but seriously tho, this is a nice premise for the next part(s) of your FF project.

i always liked how funny, well-animated and clever your movies are, not to mention the many cool little details in them (such as the greek words on radiotube's panel, etc etc)
furthermore, all of the characters are nicely drawn and very cool too.

i really enjoyed this movie (and its premise too), thanks for the cameo, and keep up the good work!

Pop-Tart responds:

Glad you're enjoying them. I'm always grateful for your reviews!

Looks like Rube and Beebs might be shaping up to be the heroes of this series. We shall see!!

woah, an impressive part on ''clockbustas''!
indeed, chaos reigns supreme in this episode, and im certain that only the cast of the original clockbustas can save the day! ;)

the animation was great, with a very smooth pace, beautiful drawings of each clock (that ZL was very detailed), and with a nice attention to detail, as the ''corruption'' in the movie appears in the form of ''mistakes'' in the otherwise normal CC events (such as SBC having a viking's helmet instead of his crown, or the new clockbustas being renegade, ovenglove, triangle and oldskoo clock, etc etc).

the final scene where the new clockbustas battle VS the ZL-ghost-snake thing, is magnificent, and drawn in the amazing style of ''paper-craft'', which seems very difficult to draw/to animate with, but as always, you've mastered to draw+animate with this tough design flawlessly.
as for the ending, lets hope that things will be better for the clocks in the next episode(s).

all in all, excellent work as always, sir.
keep it up!

Thanks, BB10!

well, hello, im chris the stick2, i make random, funny movies, i draw comics, and also i voice act. AKA=BB10-clock.

31, Male